About Me

My photo
Jackson Bridge, Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
1996 – 1998 Royal College of Art, London MA Printmaking. 1992 – 1996 University of Reading BA Fine Art. I am a full time printmaker working from my home studio near Holmfirth in Yorkshire. I exhibit regularly in the UK and Europe and sell my work all over the world, through my shop Little Print Press. FOR MORE INSIGHT ABOUT MY WORK, PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE: www.emmalawrenson.com

Tuesday 24 March 2015

'Fence & Pen' and 'Enclosure'



One of my latest screenprints.
Fence & Pen
I have been preparing for an exhibition at the Biscuit Factory in June, and this will be on show there. This series of prints have taken quite a while to produce, being 11 and 12 colours each. I have enjoyed building up the layers of soft colours and textures.
These worked out nicer than I was expecting, it's difficult to see all the textural detail. Sometimes working with so many colours can lead to a piece of work I'm not entirely happy with, however I worked on these over several weeks and made sure they colours worked for me!
From editions of 20. 47 x 35cm, £195.00

No comments:

Post a Comment